When you raise a query or want to make a complaint about our service, we want to make it easy as possible.

How to make a complaint

By phone: 0333 207 9283
By email:
By post: Wave, PO Box 4998, Lancing, BN11 9AY

What can you expect?

When you call us, we’ll try and resolve your issue while you’re on the phone. If we can’t we’ll:

  • Take a note of your details including the nature of your query/complaint
  • Investigate your issue before calling you back with our findings.

Sometimes it may be necessary to arrange an appointment or visit before we can resolve the problem but we’ll keep you informed every step of the way.

When you email or write to us, we will take care to investigate each of your points raised and provide a response within 10 business days of receipt. Within our response to you, you can expect that we will provide an apology, also a full explanation giving details of our investigation and make any consideration for compensation payable, where remedial action isn’t possible.

If we’re unable to provide a substantive response within this time-frame, we’ll let you know and keep you updated on our progress.

This statement is backed by the promise that we will credit your account with £20 if we fail to do this.


Managing your complaint

We keep a record of all the complaints we get and use them to further improve our service for the future. We continually report on the nature of any complaints we receive to help provide a better customer experience. These records are also monitored and audited independently.

What if you’re unhappy with our final response?

For customers in England and Wales

Consumer Council for Water

If you remain dissatisfied with our response to your complaint, you can contact the Consumer Council for Water. It is an independent body set up to look after the interest of water customers, and one of its key roles is to investigate water complaints.

Ways to contact Consumer Council for Water :

By phone: 0300 034 2222 (for customers in England) 0300 034 3333 (for customers in Wales)
By email:
In writing: Consumer Council for Water , First Floor Victoria Square House, Victoria Square, Birmingham, B2 4AJ



If you are not satisfied with the response of Consumer Council for Water, you may be able to seek further support in resolving your complaint from the Water Industry Redress Scheme (WATRS). WATRS provides an independent process for adjudicating unresolved disputes between participating companies and their customers. It is administered by the consumer services unit of the Centre for Effective Dispute resolution (CEDR). CEDR is a non-profit body that is independent of the water industry

We have made a commitment to abide by the WATRS code of conduct.

Ways to contact WATRS:

By phone: 020 7520 3801
In writing: WATRS, 70 Fleet Street, London, EC4Y 1EU



You can also refer the following disputes to Ofwat for a decision or arbitration:

  • Guaranteed Standard Scheme
  • Water connections
  • Sewage connections
  • Disputes between you and Anglian Water Business about your eligibility for the retail market.

You may wish to approach Consumer Council for Water in the first instance who will let you know if your dispute should go to Ofwat.

Ways to contact Ofwat:

By phone: 0121 644 7500
By email:
In writing: Ofwat, Centre City Tower, 7 Hill Street, Birmingham, B5 4UA


For customers in Scotland

If you remain dissatisfied, you can ask the Scottish Public Services Ombudsman (SPSO) to look at your complaint. The SPSO is the final stage for complaints about public services in Scotland. The SPSO cannot normally look at complaints:

  • where you have not gone all the way through the organisation’s complaints handling procedure
  • more than 12 months after you became aware of the matter you want to complain about, or
  • that have been or are being considered in court.

You can contact the SPSO

In Person:

Bridgeside House
99 McDonald Road

By Post:

Freepost SPSO (you don’t need to use a stamp)

Freephone: 0800 377 7330


A joint venture between Anglian Water Business and NWG business